This is a step-by-step blueprint for how to work with schools to produce healthier school meals. It covers:
- The rationale for getting involved in projects like this
- Integration of school meals into wellness policies
- Methods for setting up the projects
- Practical matters such as procurement, facilities, finances, and waste management
- Staff training
- Marketing and communications
- Additional resources
I get asked all the time for help in changing school meal programs. This guide is a good starting place.
Next public appearance
This will be the closing keynote to the 7th Biennial Childhood Obesity Conference, sponsored by the California Department of Public Health, UC Berkeley, the Atkins Center for Weight and Health, the California Department of Education, Kaiser Permanente, and the California Endowment.
It’s at about 11:30 a.m. in the Long Beach Convention Center.