This is a step-by-step blueprint for how to work with schools to produce healthier school meals. It covers:
- The rationale for getting involved in projects like this
- Integration of school meals into wellness policies
- Methods for setting up the projects
- Practical matters such as procurement, facilities, finances, and waste management
- Staff training
- Marketing and communications
- Additional resources
I get asked all the time for help in changing school meal programs. This guide is a good starting place.
Next public appearance
This is the rescheduling of the lecture I was supposed to give on October 10. The taxi driver went through red light at entrance to the Pulaski, was pulled over and found to be driving without a license. We never made it. The lecture is on food politics. It starts at 6:00. Free and open to the public. The Newark Museum is at 49 Washington Street. This time, I’ll take the PATH.