This is a step-by-step blueprint for how to work with schools to produce healthier school meals. It covers:
- The rationale for getting involved in projects like this
- Integration of school meals into wellness policies
- Methods for setting up the projects
- Practical matters such as procurement, facilities, finances, and waste management
- Staff training
- Marketing and communications
- Additional resources
I get asked all the time for help in changing school meal programs. This guide is a good starting place.
Next public appearance
My lecture is sponsored by the McCoy Family Center for Ethics and Society: ”Advocacy for Healthier Food Systems: From Clicks to Occupy.” 7:30 p.m. at Cubberley Auditorium. For more information, click here.