This is a panel discussion moderated by Corby Kummer on “Can city food policies reduce disparities? Lessons from New York and London.” The other panelists are Sue Atkinson, the Joan H. Tisch distinguished fellow in public health at Hunter College and former director of public health London; Thomas Farley, Commissioner NYC Dept of Health and Mental Hygiene; and Derek Yach, Senior vice president, The Vitality Group.
It’s at Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute at Hunter College, 47-49 East 65th (betw. Park and Madison)
Reception 5:00 p.m. The program begins at 6:00 p.m.
Attendance is free but RSVP required: 212-650-3174 or online.
- New York: Mayoral Candidate Forum on Food, Agriculture, Nutrition & Hunger
- New York City: the state of school food
- New York: Society of Illustrators
- Court turns down NYC 16-ounce soda cap; city will appeal
- London: Leverhulme Centre for Integrative Research on Agriculture and Health (LCIRAH) and London International Development Centre (LIDC)
Next public appearance
I’m giving the keynote address at this organization’s Real Food Innovator Awards Gala.
It’s from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. at Whittemore House, 1526 New Hampshire, NW