by Marion Nestle
Oct 12 2017
Global Meat News Special Edition: Pork!
I subscribe to GlobalMeatNews.com to keep me up on the international meat business. It has just published a collection of its articles—on pork.
Special Edition: Pork
Pork is the most eaten meat in world and maintaining the position is anything but easy. In this special newsletter, GlobalMeatNews explores the breakthroughs, scandals and market trends that continue to kept traders on their toes.
- Russia’s Cherkizovo suspected of tax evasion: Russian law enforcement agencies have said they will conduct a detailed investigation into criminal allegations against Cherkizovo, Russia’s leading pork and poultry producer… Read
- Three Brazilian pork firms approved to sell to South Korea: Three Brazilian slaughterhouses in the southern state of Santa Catarina have been cleared to sell pork to South Korea, the world’s fourth-biggest importer of pig meat… Read
- ASF-infected meat detected in Russian plants: Meat products infected with African swine fever (ASF) have been detected on retail shelves in at least two Russian regions, Pskov Oblast and Khabarovsk Krai, according to Russian veterinary body Rosselkhoznadzor… Read
- Industry warned to ‘stop cutting pig price’: European pork processors have to stop cutting the price paid to pig suppliers, the Irish Farmers’ Association (IFA) has warned… Read
- Asian animal welfare puts world leaders to ‘shame’: A Thai pork producer’s decision to phase out pig cages within the next decade could have major repercussions around the world, an animal welfare advocate said… Read
- Danish Crown grows south-east Asia presence: With economic growth in south-east Asia continuing, the Danish Crown Group has announced that it is establishing a head office for the region… Read