The Supreme Court ruling that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is indeed constitutional means that Americans will now have greater access to health care as well as to services to help prevent disease.
The American Public Health Association summarizes the benefits:
- 31 million Americans are projected to gain health coverage by 2019
- 54 million U.S. families have additional benefits, including greater access to preventive health care services
- 2.5 million young adults up to age 26 are able to stay on their parents’ health insurance plans;
- nearly 18 million children with pre-existing conditions are protected from insurance coverage denials;
- seniors can access preventive services
The Supreme Court says go for it.
FDA: No more excuses. Get busy!
Next public appearance
This is a conversation about 101 Classic Cookbooks, 501 Classic Recipes (Rizzoli Books, 2013), with Clark Wolf, Marvin Taylor (curator NYU Fales Library), Rose Levy Beranbaum (author, The Cake Bible), and Madhur Jaffrey (actor and author). 7:30 p.m. 92ndY Tribeca, 200 Hudson St, Price $15, RSVP: here