The Supreme Court ruling that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is indeed constitutional means that Americans will now have greater access to health care as well as to services to help prevent disease.
The American Public Health Association summarizes the benefits:
- 31 million Americans are projected to gain health coverage by 2019
- 54 million U.S. families have additional benefits, including greater access to preventive health care services
- 2.5 million young adults up to age 26 are able to stay on their parents’ health insurance plans;
- nearly 18 million children with pre-existing conditions are protected from insurance coverage denials;
- seniors can access preventive services
The Supreme Court says go for it.
FDA: No more excuses. Get busy!
Next public appearance
This is the rescheduling of the lecture I was supposed to give on October 10. The taxi driver went through red light at entrance to the Pulaski, was pulled over and found to be driving without a license. We never made it. The lecture is on food politics. It starts at 6:00. Free and open to the public. The Newark Museum is at 49 Washington Street. This time, I’ll take the PATH.