This Zoom session is from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST: Combining Scholarship and Activism: An Intergenerational Exchange. Information about the session and registration is HERE. Bob Gottlieb and I will address how to combine food policy scholarship and activism in discussion with two much younger colleagues, Ivonne Quiroz and Lo Anderson.
World Resources Institute report
The World Resources Institute has a new paper out: Shifting Diets for a Sustainable Food Future.
This is the most recent item in its series: World Resources Report: Creating a Sustainable Food Future.
The paper is about how food choices affect land, water and climate change. It provides further evidence that eating less meat and dairy would be more sustainable.
- Protein Scorecard [pet peeve: I wish they wouldn’t refer to foods as “protein”]
- Shift Wheel explaining how to influence food companies and consumer choices.
- Full paper: Shifting Diets for a Sustainable Food Future (www.wri.org/shiftingdiets)
- Blog: Sustainable Diets: What You Need to Know in 12 Charts
- Blog: How I Tweaked My Diet to Cut its Environmental Footprint in Half
- Press release: WRI offers new approach to help move billions to more sustainable diets