by Marion Nestle
Jul 13 2018
Weekend action: speak up for public health
The guide explains how to be effective in reaching lawmakers and their staff. It suggests how you can:
- Meet with your members of Congress or their staff, or invite them to visit you.
- Attend a public forum and ask a question.
- Submit an op-ed to your local paper. Email APHA for a template letter or technical assistance.
- Use Facebook or Twitter to engage your members of Congress. Make sure to use #SpeakForHealth!
- Email or call your members of Congress. Use an APHA action alert as a phone script or email message. It’s quick and easy.
These ideas work for agriculture, food, and nutrition issues too. Use them.