I’m keynoting the workship on Food, Ethics, Politics at 4:00 with a reception to follow. My talk, “”Food, Ethics, Politics: The View from 2022,” will be in the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment, Maeder Hall, Room 002. This event is part of the University Center for Human Values (UCHV) Conferences, Workshops & Special Events. To register to attend, click here.
NYU: Six books on corporations, science, and public health
I’m participating in a panel discussion with authors of books about conflicts of interest. I’m talking about Unsavory Truth. Other participants:
- Moderator: Mark Crispin Miller
- Sheldon Krimsky (Tufts) GMOs Decoded (MIT Press); Conflicts of Interest in Science (Skyhorse Publishing)
- Mary Holland (NYU) Kim Rosenberg & Eileen Torio. HPV Vaccine on Trial (Skyhorse Publishing)
- Jonathan Marks (Penn State). The Perils of Partnership: Industry Influence, Institutional Integrity & Public Health (Oxford University Press).
- Mitchel Cohen (Independent). The Politics of Pesticides: The Fight Against Monsanto’s Roundup. (Skyhorse Publishing).
This is from 3-5 p.m., Furman Hall (245 Sullivan Street, between Washington Square South & W 3rd St), Room 315. For more information, click here.