I’m speaking with Fabio Parasecoli about his new book, Gastronativism: Food, Identity, Politics, at the Museum of the City of New York at a session chaired by Krishnendu Ray at 6:30 pm. Information is here and the ticketing link is here. This is a preview of the museum’s forthcoming exhibit, Food in New York: Bigger Than the Plate (opening September 16) and is co-presented by MOFAD (Museum of Food and Drink).
NYU: Six books on corporations, science, and public health
I’m participating in a panel discussion with authors of books about conflicts of interest. I’m talking about Unsavory Truth. Other participants:
- Moderator: Mark Crispin Miller
- Sheldon Krimsky (Tufts) GMOs Decoded (MIT Press); Conflicts of Interest in Science (Skyhorse Publishing)
- Mary Holland (NYU) Kim Rosenberg & Eileen Torio. HPV Vaccine on Trial (Skyhorse Publishing)
- Jonathan Marks (Penn State). The Perils of Partnership: Industry Influence, Institutional Integrity & Public Health (Oxford University Press).
- Mitchel Cohen (Independent). The Politics of Pesticides: The Fight Against Monsanto’s Roundup. (Skyhorse Publishing).
This is from 3-5 p.m., Furman Hall (245 Sullivan Street, between Washington Square South & W 3rd St), Room 315. For more information, click here.