School is starting: What the USDA is doing (a lot, actually)
I received an email from the USDA about what it is doing about school meals for the fall (and see ALSO at the end of this post).
It included links or attachments to resources.
- Lifting Up School Meals: key messages, calendar of themes for Fall 2023, and links to resources
- Media Toolkit: Includes videos, social media content, flyers, fact sheets, and b-roll
- School Meals Webpage: Hub for all things school meals
- HealthyMeals Incentives: overall description
- Grantees, Funding Amounts, by State
- Support for Schools: Webpage highlighting financial support, such as grants and extra food funds, provided to schools for their meal programs
This last one shows the money USDA has put into school meals since 2021.
This looks impressive. Let’s hope it does good.
The Chef Ann Foundation, which teaches scratch-cooking in schools, is recruiting applicants for its Healthy School Food Pathway Fellowship. This is a 13-month training program. See messages and graphics. They are also hosting an explanatory webinar—tomorrow—for which you can register here.