I’m keynoting the workship on Food, Ethics, Politics at 4:00 with a reception to follow. My talk, “”Food, Ethics, Politics: The View from 2022,” will be in the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment, Maeder Hall, Room 002. This event is part of the University Center for Human Values (UCHV) Conferences, Workshops & Special Events. To register to attend, click here.
Soda consumption up in California
The title of a new study from the California Center for Public Health Advocacy (CCPHA) and the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research says it all:, Still Bubbling Over: California Adolescents Drinking More Soda and Other Sugar-Sweetened Beverages.
Consumption of sodas may be declining among everyone else, but teenagers—the prime target audience—are drinking more.
Health advocates: get to work!
- Policy Brief
- Press Release
- Full Press Kit
- Report Fact Sheet
- Changes in Consumption: by Age Group
- Changes in Consumption: by County
- Changes in Consumption: Largest Counties
- Consumption: by Race/Ethnicity
- Consumption: by Drink Type
- By the Numbers: Obesity & Diabetes
- By the Numbers: Sugary Drinks
- By the Numbers: Health Implications of Sugary Drinks
- Soda Marketing
- Policy Recommendations
- Organizational Backgrounders