I will be discussing Let’s Ask Marion with Clark Wolf as part of the Fales Library Critical Topics Series at 5:00 p.m., via Zoom. It’s free but registration is required—here.
Soda consumption up in California
The title of a new study from the California Center for Public Health Advocacy (CCPHA) and the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research says it all:, Still Bubbling Over: California Adolescents Drinking More Soda and Other Sugar-Sweetened Beverages.
Consumption of sodas may be declining among everyone else, but teenagers—the prime target audience—are drinking more.
Health advocates: get to work!
- Policy Brief
- Press Release
- Full Press Kit
- Report Fact Sheet
- Changes in Consumption: by Age Group
- Changes in Consumption: by County
- Changes in Consumption: Largest Counties
- Consumption: by Race/Ethnicity
- Consumption: by Drink Type
- By the Numbers: Obesity & Diabetes
- By the Numbers: Sugary Drinks
- By the Numbers: Health Implications of Sugary Drinks
- Soda Marketing
- Policy Recommendations
- Organizational Backgrounders