This is a Fireside Chat at Expo East’s Sustainability Summit with Food Tank’s Danielle Nierenberg at 2:55 at the Philadelphia Convention Center. Information about Expo East, the Natural Products Trade Show, is here.
FoodNavigator-USA.com on “Tackling Diabetes”
FoodNavigator-USA.com has a special edition on “Tackling Diabetes: Formulating for Healthy Blood Sugar.”
We’ve been telling people to lose weight, eat more complex carbs and do more exercise for years to get their blood sugar under control, but the number of Americans with type two diabetes continues to rise at an alarming rate. So how can the food industry help? In this FoodNavigator-USA special edition we explore the growing number of tools in the formulator’s toolbox to help promote healthy blood sugar. We also look at what messages resonate with consumers, from the glycemic index to healthy blood sugar, plus what you can, and can’t, say about diabetes on a food label.
Here are the articles in this series:
- How can the food industry address the ticking time bomb of type 2 diabetes?
- FDA permits qualified health claim about whole grains and type 2 diabetes, but is the wording so qualified no one will use it?
- Food marketers have narrow field to play in when making blood sugar management claims
- Pharmachem: The potential market for products addressing excess sugar consumption is huge
- Glucose management ingredient gets UAE distribution, ‘needs to be in food supply,’ founder says
- Focus on energy balance could jumpstart mainstream appeal of resistant starch beyond diabetes
- HORN prepares to launch cinnamon-extract for reducing blood sugar response to starchy meals
- Type 2 diabetes a ‘mismatch disease’ for our Paleolithic bodies
It’s always interesting to look at such issues from the food industry’s perspective. And FoodNavigator reporters do an especially good job of putting the issues in context.