This diagram is flying all over the Internet and has been sent to me by so many people (thanks to all) that I’m eager to share it.
I particularly like it because it’s just what I used to say in lectures after What to Eat came out in 2006. My What to Eat rules say never to eat a food with:
- More than five ingredients (too processed)
- An ingredient you can’t pronounce (ditto)
- Anything artificial (ditto)
- A health claim on the front (these are always about marketing, not health)
- A cartoon on the package (it’s being marketed to kids)
Much praise and many thanks to the designer, Darya Pino (of Summer Tomato):