Food safety is an issue every meat business takes considerable careover as the financial costs of a recall, not to mention the reputational risk, can be devastating. In this special newsletter, GlobalMeatNews takes a look at the latest recalls, changes to food safety regulation and other key developments across the supply chain.
- Food safety tips for storm-battered businesses: Donald Trump’s government has shared food safety tips after New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia declared states of emergency as the deadly storm Stella swept across the north-eastern US… Read
- Subway hits back at fake chicken allegation: Subway has strongly denied media claims that its chicken is roughly half soy, calling the analysis “baseless” and “factually incorrect”… Read
- Canada green-lights irradiation for ground beef: Irradiated ground beef looks set to hit the shelves of supermarket stores after the Canadian government approved its sale… Read
- New food safety rules for butchers: New rules simplifying food safety management in small retail businesses, including butcheries, have been proposed by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). .. Read
- California food firm hit by 26t recall: US, California-based Ready Pac Foods Inc has recalled 26 tonnes (59,225 pounds) of chicken salad products that may be contaminated with listeria… Read
- Online forum explores packaging advances for meat safety: Suppliers seeking an edge in the fight to kill germs and boost shelf-life through packaging innovations can access a free online forum held on 23 March, featuring EU and US experts. .. Read