This Zoom session is from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST: Combining Scholarship and Activism: An Intergenerational Exchange. Information about the session and registration is HERE. Bob Gottlieb and I will address how to combine food policy scholarship and activism in discussion with two much younger colleagues, Ivonne Quiroz and Lo Anderson.
by Marion Nestle
Oct 11 2010
It’s National School Lunch Week: here’s how to feed kids better
This is a step-by-step blueprint for how to work with schools to produce healthier school meals. It covers:
- The rationale for getting involved in projects like this
- Integration of school meals into wellness policies
- Methods for setting up the projects
- Practical matters such as procurement, facilities, finances, and waste management
- Staff training
- Marketing and communications
- Additional resources
I get asked all the time for help in changing school meal programs. This guide is a good starting place.