FDA to hold hearing, take comments on new food label: deadline August 1
The FDA is holding a public meeting on June 26 to solicit comments on its proposed rules for Nutrition and Supplement Facts Labels.
The meeting’s purpose is to
- Inform the public of the provisions of the proposed rules and the rulemaking process (including how to submit comments, data, and other information to both dockets)
- Respond to questions about the proposed rules
- Provide an opportunity for interested persons to make oral presentations.
Instructions and information
Deadlines for the hearing
- June 12, 2014: Closing date for request to make Oral Comment
- June 12, 2014: Closing date to request special accommodation due to a Disability
- June 20, 2014: Closing date for Registration
The deadline for comments on the proposals has been extended to August 1: Submit either electronic or written comments to FDA’s Division of Dockets Management.
Here’s your chance to weigh in on the proposed label changes. Don’t miss it!