I am speaking at the Con Edison Science, Technology, Energy, Environment, and Math (STEEM) Distinguished Lecturer series on “Food Politics 2020: Food Industry Influence on Nutrition Research and Practice.” It’s from 12:15-1:30 pm at the Science Building, C-201. Details are here.
by Marion Nestle
Sep 27 2017
Sugar: a roundup of recent industry reports
Is sugar under siege?
The sugar industry must think so.
Take a look at these recent industry reports:
- International Sugar Organization: An Evaluation of the Global Sugar Market Environment
- American Sugar Alliance: Sugar Market Outlook
- Sosland Publishing: Consumer Trends and Industry Response
- Mintel: Trends in sugar, sugar reduction, and sweeteners
- Rabobank: Sweetness and Lite: How Vulnerable is Global Sugar Consumption to Food & Beverage Trends?
- The Sugar Association: The New State of Play for Sugar: Trends, Policy, Consumption and Activism
Here’s what the sugar industry is worried about, according to The Sugar Association: