by Marion Nestle
Jan 3 2018
Food-Navigator-USA’s 10 trends to watch in 2018
Elaine Watson at Food Navigator-USA says we should be watching these ten trends in 2018.
- Cellular agriculture: cell-cultured meat, fish, etc.
- Plant-based innovation: chickpea proteins and the like
- GMO labeling (and non-GMO claims): rules for these are still pending
- Clean label 2.0: these encompass everything from additives to sustainability
- Health confusion (and is saturated fat really back?)
- Sugar under fire: reduce, replace
- Protein…still hot?
- Fermentation on fire; probiotics hit the mainstream
- The Amazon effect
- Big Food in a funk
She has interesting things to say about all of these. Take a look and keep score as the year progresses.