I’m keynoting the workship on Food, Ethics, Politics at 4:00 with a reception to follow. My talk, “”Food, Ethics, Politics: The View from 2022,” will be in the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment, Maeder Hall, Room 002. This event is part of the University Center for Human Values (UCHV) Conferences, Workshops & Special Events. To register to attend, click here.
by Marion Nestle
Jan 3 2018
Food-Navigator-USA’s 10 trends to watch in 2018
Elaine Watson at Food Navigator-USA says we should be watching these ten trends in 2018.
- Cellular agriculture: cell-cultured meat, fish, etc.
- Plant-based innovation: chickpea proteins and the like
- GMO labeling (and non-GMO claims): rules for these are still pending
- Clean label 2.0: these encompass everything from additives to sustainability
- Health confusion (and is saturated fat really back?)
- Sugar under fire: reduce, replace
- Protein…still hot?
- Fermentation on fire; probiotics hit the mainstream
- The Amazon effect
- Big Food in a funk
She has interesting things to say about all of these. Take a look and keep score as the year progresses.