I’m moderating an online webinar on the new Slow Food book, Ark of Taste, with authors David S. Shields and Giselle Kennedy Lord. For information and registration click here. It’s at 4:00 p.m. EST.
What’s up with the White House Conference on Hunger, Food, and Health?
Here’s what I do not know about this conference:
- The agenda
- Who is speaking
- Who is invited
- What will be announced
Everything I do know about it is in this message sent from the White House last week.
White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health Stakeholder Update
The Biden-Harris Administration is hosting the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health on Wednesday, September 28, 2022 and we need your leadership.
For the first time in over 50 years, the White House will convene public and private sectors, catalyzing our nation’s leaders around a coordinated strategy to accelerate progress and drive significant change to end hunger, improve nutrition and physical activity, and reduce disparities.
It’s time to take back our nation’s health. We need your help bringing people together to deliver on bold action and to make meaningful change in every community.
It will take everyone working together to be the change needed to finally end hunger and reduce diet-related diseases and disparities. Thank you for being a leader as we build a healthier and more equitable future for America.
Here are some ways to be a leader for change in your community:
- Sign up to receive email updates about the Conference and learn more.
- Host an event or watch party to bring people together to take bold actions in your community. An event toolkit has been developed to assist you in planning for these.
- Share your ideas and stories about how to end hunger and reduce diet-related diseases and disparities.
- Watch the livestream of the Conference on Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Help spread the word about the Conference on social media by using #WHConfHungerHealth and tagging @WhiteHouse
White House Conference Website
Please share the
with your networks! Interested stakeholders can sign up here for updates:
Coming soon! My memoir coming out in October.
For 30% off, go to www.ucpress.edu/9780520384156. Use code 21W2240 at checkout.