I’m moderating an online webinar on the new Slow Food book, Ark of Taste, with authors David S. Shields and Giselle Kennedy Lord. For information and registration click here. It’s at 4:00 p.m. EST.
Healthy People 2030 releases early progress report
Healthy People 2030 has released its latest set of tracking data. This, you will recall, is the latest of the US Public Health Service’s 10-year plans for improving the health of Americans. The agencies involved set specific, measurable objectives and track progress toward achieving them.
You can browse the full set of objectives here.
The objectives for overweight and obesity are here. Three have tracking data available. Of these,
One shows no change: Reduce the proportion of children and adolescents with obesity — NWS‑04
Two are getting worse
- Reduce the proportion of adults with obesity — NWS‑03
- Increase the proportion of women who had a healthy weight before pregnancy — MICH‑13
The objectives for Nutrition and Healthy Eating are here.
Of the objectives with data available, two showi improvement!
Three show no change:
- Increase fruit consumption by people aged 2 years and over — NWS‑06
- Increase the proportion of infants who are breastfed exclusively through age 6 months — MICH‑15
- Increase the proportion of infants who are breastfed at 1 year — MICH‑16
Two (plus the obesity one above) are getting worse: