¿Cómo ha avanzado la invasión de los productos ultraprocesados en el ambiente infantil? 👶🍟
📅Entérate en la charla con @marionnestle, Alejandro Calvillo y Julieta Ponce de @COANut el próximo lunes 25 de septiembre, 18 hrs.
🔴⬇️Registro indispensablehttps://t.co/GapwOTLp2q pic.twitter.com/clXbGU2XPw
— Poder del Consumidor (@elpoderdelc) September 20, 2023
Let’s Move!’s latest move: Subway will “Pile on the Veggies”
This morning, Subway is announcing that as part of its commitment to Let’s Move!’s efforts to reverse childhood obesity, the chain will put $41 million into encouraging kids to “pile on the veggies.”
Subway says it will:
- Run a fun campaign to get kids to eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Set nutrition standards for marketing to kids.
- Strengthen its “already nutritious” children’s menu.
- Put signs on doors that say “Playtime powered by veggies.”
- Do a video collaboration with Disney’s Muppets to encourage piling on the veggies.
- Provide kids’ meals with lowfat or nonfat milk or water as the default.
I could, but won’t, nitpick over the nutrition standards. Let’s just say they are a start.
But I love it that Subway is focusing on foods—veggies, apples, and no sodas unless parents specifically order them.
And I think “pile on the veggies” is one terrific slogan.
I will be keeping an eye out for those signs on Subway’s doors and the other ways the chain says it will promote healthier meals for kids. I didn’t see anything about when all this starts, but I hope it’s soon.