Weekend action: Advocating for organics (Toolkit!)
IFOAM—Organics International–offers a Global Policy Toolkit on Public Support to Organic Agriculture, for use by anyone who wants to advocate for organics and sustainable agriculture.
The toolkit includes:
- A main report, Guidelines for public support to organic agriculture, with facts, arguments, and tips.
- A version of the main report aimed at Sub-Saharan Africa.
- A decision-aid for relevant policy measures.
- Tips for organic advocates on how to raise political awareness of the need to support organic agriculture.
- A policy template for countries with an emerging organic sector.
- A model PowerPoint presentation, Why and how should policy makers support organic agriculture.
- A PowerPoint diagram on possible support measures
The main report offers Policy summaries for specific measures to promote organic production and consumption.