Weekend reading: the big business of bottled water
Food and Water Watch has a new report that is a must-read:
The report documents how water—a public good that comes free and clean from the tap—has become a high-cost commodity.
But the problems with bottled water go way beyond cost.
- It is marketed to low-income minorities.
- It creates vast amounts of plastic waste.
- It is less regulated than tap water.
- The industry lobbies heavily.
- The industry uses public water supplies.
- It undermines support for maintaining public water supplies.
Advocate! Take back the tap!