This lecture, presented by Town Hall Seattle and sponsored by PCC Community Markets, is titled “Ask Marion: The Politics of Food and Nutrition.” It’s at 7:30 pm Seattle time and 10:30 pm New York time. Get tickets here.
Weekend reading: the big business of bottled water
Food and Water Watch has a new report that is a must-read:
The report documents how water—a public good that comes free and clean from the tap—has become a high-cost commodity.
But the problems with bottled water go way beyond cost.
- It is marketed to low-income minorities.
- It creates vast amounts of plastic waste.
- It is less regulated than tap water.
- The industry lobbies heavily.
- The industry uses public water supplies.
- It undermines support for maintaining public water supplies.
Advocate! Take back the tap!