I’m keynoting the workship on Food, Ethics, Politics at 4:00 with a reception to follow. My talk, “”Food, Ethics, Politics: The View from 2022,” will be in the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment, Maeder Hall, Room 002. This event is part of the University Center for Human Values (UCHV) Conferences, Workshops & Special Events. To register to attend, click here.
by Marion Nestle
Feb 7 2019
Gallup Poll: Vegetarian and vegan Americans
A Gallup poll reports the percentages of vegetarians and vegans in America.
- 5% of Americans say they are vegetarians, unchanged from 2012
- 3% say they are vegans, little changed from 2% in 2012
You are more likely to say you are vegetarian or vegan if you are:
- Younger (18-49) rather than older
- Make less than $30,000 a year
- Liberal (11%) rather than conservative (2%)
Want to see how they got these numbers or argue with the results? The methods are here.