I’m moderating an online webinar on the new Slow Food book, Ark of Taste, with authors David S. Shields and Giselle Kennedy Lord. For information and registration click here. It’s at 4:00 p.m. EST.
by Marion Nestle
Feb 7 2019
Gallup Poll: Vegetarian and vegan Americans
A Gallup poll reports the percentages of vegetarians and vegans in America.
- 5% of Americans say they are vegetarians, unchanged from 2012
- 3% say they are vegans, little changed from 2% in 2012
You are more likely to say you are vegetarian or vegan if you are:
- Younger (18-49) rather than older
- Make less than $30,000 a year
- Liberal (11%) rather than conservative (2%)
Want to see how they got these numbers or argue with the results? The methods are here.