I’m speaking with Fabio Parasecoli about his new book, Gastronativism: Food, Identity, Politics, at the Museum of the City of New York at a session chaired by Krishnendu Ray at 6:30 pm. Information is here and the ticketing link is here. This is a preview of the museum’s forthcoming exhibit, Food in New York: Bigger Than the Plate (opening September 16) and is co-presented by MOFAD (Museum of Food and Drink).
by Marion Nestle
Feb 7 2019
Gallup Poll: Vegetarian and vegan Americans
A Gallup poll reports the percentages of vegetarians and vegans in America.
- 5% of Americans say they are vegetarians, unchanged from 2012
- 3% say they are vegans, little changed from 2% in 2012
You are more likely to say you are vegetarian or vegan if you are:
- Younger (18-49) rather than older
- Make less than $30,000 a year
- Liberal (11%) rather than conservative (2%)
Want to see how they got these numbers or argue with the results? The methods are here.