This page is somewhat disorganized in that I now put occasional print, audio, and video interviews, which used to be separated, together by year. The section at the very end is called Controversies; it is where I post letters from critics. Scroll down to find whatever you are looking for. Media interviews and reviews for specific books are on the pages for that book. For podcasts and videos of presentations, look under Appearances and scroll down for Past Appearances.
Interviews, media appearances, and lectures
Jan 6 Slate podcast on peanuts
Summary: quotations in media, 2016 (thanks to NYU’s PR office)
Dec 31 Podcast: big soda, big obesity. Reinventing the supermarket.
Dec 9 Interview: Professorn som tar fighten med livsmedelsjättarna: ”Jag behöver inte vara rädd om min karriär,” Veckans Affärer (Stockholm)
Dec 9 Video: Nobel Week Dialogue (my part begins at 1:57 and continues for 8 minutes)
Nov 22 Video: The way we think about sugar is going to change. HowStuffWorks (my part is audio)
Nov 9 Interview on Heritage radio on food politics
Nov 5 Dishing Up Nutrition podcast on soda politics
Oct 10 Interview with Russia’s Channel 1 in a documentary about food (in Russian). My appearance is from 3:15 to 4:43.
Oct 3 ABC Classic FM with Margaret Throsby (Australia)
Sept 26 Heritage Radio with Katy Keiffer on sugar-funded research
Sept 26 WBUR radio On Point on sugar-funded research
Sept 17 CBS News (TV) on sugar-funded research (my clip is at ~1.35)
Sept 14 NPR To the Point on sugar-funded research
Sept 14 Brian Lehrer NPR radio on sugar-funded research
Sept 13 Global News Canada on sugar-funded research
Sept 13 NPR on sugar-funded research
Sept 13 PBS News Hour TV on sugar-funded research
Sept 12 Interview with Radio Sputnik Moscow on sugar-funded research
Sept 8 Podcast interview with Slow Food’s Richard McCarthy (one hour)
August 12 Audio interview with Anna Lappé, Real Food Media
August 3 KCRW Morning Edition on GMO labeling
July 22 The Reading List: Marion Nestle: A feast of books
July 7 Morning Wave in Busan (South Korea) radio, on school meals
July 5 Barth B. Food, farming and the 2016 election: a conversation with Marion Nestle. Modern Farmer
May 25 The 21st show on the FDA’s new food label (radio)
May 18 CBS News on the National Academies’ GMO report
May 17 Nutrition Wonk (Tufts) podcast on Soda Politics
April 27 Lecture at Cornell’s Mann Library, on Soda Politics (video)
April 14 Opinion piece in Reforma.com on Soda Politics (in Spanish).
April 14 Article in La Jornada about my lecture in Mexico City on Soda Politics (in Spanish)
April 7 Lecture on Soda Politics at Hofstra University (podcast)
March 24 BYU radio Matt Townsend show, on Soda Politics
March 21 WOUB Digital SoundCloud, interview on food politics
March 10 ABC 7:30, TV interview with Sarah Whyte on Coca-Cola’s funding of research: Sweet Talk
March 3 Julia Belluz, Vox, on my collection of industry-funded studies
March 2 ABC-FM interview with Margaret Throsby, Classic FM, on Soda Politics
March 1 Lecture to Sydney Ideas: Soda Politics: Lessons from the Food Movement, U. Sydney
March 1 ABC News radio and print interview with David Taylor, on Soda Politics
Feb 29 Interview (online) with ABC Sydney on Soda Politics
Feb 27 “At Lunch With” column in the Sydney Morning Herald: “the powerful foodie”
Feb 24 Podcast of lecture on Soda Politics at the University of Melbourne
Feb 22 Lecture at symposium at Deakin University, Melbourne (this is an mp4 file requiring a lengthy download)
Feb 19 Radio interview with Mark Colvin, ABC News (Sydney) on Soda Politics
Feb 19 Podcast interview with Colvinius, ABC News (Sydney) on Soda Politics
Feb 19 Interview with Gesunde Stadt magazine, Früling 2016 (in German)
Feb 18 BTR Media podcast (my interview on Soda Politics is at 13.01)
Feb 7 Wisconsin Public Radio interview on Soda Politics
Feb 1 Interview (online) with Chris Radicz of the American Society for Nutrition on Soda Politics
Jan 31 Interview (online) with Peter Hess, Science Line
Jan 29 Interview with BreakThroughRadio’s Rebecca Chodorkoff on Soda Politics
Jan 27 Gastropodcast on calories
Jan 20 Interview with Suzi Phillips, U. Auckland on Soda Politics
Jan 14 Podcast with Autumn Smith and Chas Smith of Paleo Valley on food politics
Jan 11 Podcast of interview with Wharton radio on Chipotle’s problems
Jan 7 CBS News TV interview on the 2015 Dietary Guidelines, and print and radio interviews on the Guidelines with NBC News, Washington Post, USA Today, TIME magazine, Politico, NY Daily News, Vox, MedPage Today, Christian Science Monitor
Dec 19 Business Insider, 7 ways the soda industry follows the tobacco industry playbook to the letter
Dec 17 Interview with Diet Detective, Food Policy Guru
Dec 16 Podcast with Steve Mirsky of Scientific American on Soda Politics
Dec 14 Lecture to CUNY Food Policy Center on Soda Politics
Dec 5 KCRW radio, Evan Kleiman’s Good Food on Soda Politics
Dec 3 Tess Sohngen’s video based on Soda Politics lecture at Miami University, Ohio
Dec 1 Supermarket News’ Disruptors 2015, Shaking up the business world
Dec 1 KALW radio San Francisco interview (one hour) on Soda Politics
Nov 23 Soda Politics podcast, New America NYC
Nov 20 Interview with KUOW radio, Seattle, on GMO salmon (my segment starts at 34.20)
Nov 16 Video blurb for the Edible magazines
Nov 13 Interview with Charlotte station WFAE on Krispy Kreme Challenge at the U of North Carolina
Nov 11 Interview with Reserve Editorial Team, In the Kitchen, on Soda Politics
Nov 10 Berkeley Food Institute Soda Politics launch
Nov 6 Audio recording of Q and A talk at San Francisco’s Commonwealth Club, with Dr. Alice Huan-mei Chen, on Soda Politics
Nov 2 Video from McDougall’s Advanced Study Weekend, on Eat, Drink, Vote
Nov 1 The New Republic’s Corby Kummer writes about our visit to World of Coca-Cola
Nov 1 Interview Q & A in Nutrition Action Healthletter, November 2015:1-5
Oct 27 Interview in the Boston Globe on sugars
Oct 27 The Salt on Soda Politics
Oct 27 San Antonio Public Radio on Soda Politics
Oct 27 On Point radio on meat and cancer risk
Oct 20 Video of presentation to New York Times Food for Tomorrow Conference on soda taxes
Oct 19 Article in Veille Action pour de Saines Habitudes de Vie (in French)
Oct 19 Interview with Lingyi Hou for NYU’s Washington Square News
Oct 15 KUT News radio, interview with Tom Philpott about Soda Politics
Oct 14 Time magazine: Should you count calories?
Oct 14 Diane Rehm show, WAMU Radio, Twitter Q&A, on healthy food systems
Oct 12 Ask the experts: 2015’s best and worst foodie cities for your wallet
Oct 9 The Brian Lehrer Show, WNYC Radio, on Soda Politics
Oct 9 Interview Q & A with Nancy Huehnergarth on Huffington Post about Soda Politics
Oct 8 The Diane Rehm Show, WAMU Radio, Washington DC, on Soda Politics
Oct 8 Interview Q & A with Andy Bellatti at Civil Eats, about Soda Politics
Oct 7 MP3 interview with Carl Lenoe on Super Human Radio, about Soda Politics
Oct 6 CSPAN Book TV recording of book event for Soda Politics
Oct 6 Interview with Dr. Mercola about Soda Politics
Oct 5 Interview with Roberto Ferdman in the Washington Post about Soda Politics
Oct 5 Foodline radio interview about Soda Politics
Oct 4 Interview with Johnny Adamic of the Daily Beast about Soda Politics
Oct 2 Interview with Jamie Ducharme of Boston Magazine online about Soda Politics
Sept 27 James Hamblin in The Atlantic on panel discussion on sugar at NYU
Sept 25 Interview with Julia Belluz, Vox, on Soda Politics
Sept 24 Interview with Kiera Butler, Mother Jones blog, on Coca-Cola’s transparency initiative
Sept 21 Interview with Katy Kieffer, Heritage Radio, on Soda Politics
Sept 11 Organic Life: Marion Nestle’s favorite organic books
Sept 10 Interview with Natural Path on Soda Politics
Sept 4 Meat industry has always opposed and influenced dietary guidelines in US. Down to Earth.
Sept 4 Interview with Patrick Mustain in Scientific American on Big Soda’s co-opting of US mayors
Aug 25 Interview with National Radio, New Zealand on industry funding of research
Aug 17 Interview with Brian Lehrer (WNYC radio) on Coca-Cola’s funding of scientists.
Aug 11 CNN Money interview with Christina Alesci on added sugars
Aug 7 Interview with Washington Post about this blog’s discussion of conflicts of interest in research.
July 17 Brief comment in CBS News (video) story on craft sodas
July 13 Interview for Ananke Magazine with Lovely Claire Dangalan, on career
July Carter J. Interview with Marion Nestle. In: Food for Thought: Feeding the People, Protecting the Planet. Aspenia [Aspen Institute Italia] 2015;67:101-105.
July Carter J. Intervista a Marion Nestle. Come cambiano le politiche alimentary. In: Fame Zero: Rinascimento agricolo. Aspenia [Revista di Aspen Institute Italia] 2015;69:198-202.
June 16 Low-carb diets, talk at McDougall’s Advanced Study Weekend (video)
June 16 Goals of large food companies, talk at McDougall’s Advanced Study Weekend (video)
June 15 Podcast, Exploring Mind and Body, with Drew Taddia, on food politics
May 18 Podcast with Katy Kieffer, Heritage Radio, on the Milan Food Expo
May 11 Podcast (audio) with Lindsay Beyerstein, Point of Inquiry, on calories–clearing up the confusion.
May 7 Video clip of Q and A from lecture at Cattolica University, Piacenza, Italy.
April 28 Brian Lehrer on Chipotle’s non-GMO policy: perception over science? WNYC
April 22 The Connected Table LIVE on iHeart.com with Melanie Young (podcast)
April 11 Radio Islam on From Farm to Fork.
April 8 Brian Lehrer show on Food Babe v. Science Babe, WNYC
April 1 Grand Rounds at Columbia‘s Mailman School of Public Health
March 31 Online interview with Columbia University’s Mailman FPOP student group
March 30 Washington Post America Answers conference panel on why we eat the way we do (video)
March 25 Airtalk KPCC radio on the Heinz-Kraft merger
March 24 Video interview on Brazil’s dietary guidelines
March 13 Video interview (9 minutes of excerpts) from McDougall’s Advanced Study Weekend
March 13 OZY video on the soda tax in Mexico
March 2 KCBS radio, In Depth. Food, Our Diet, and Politics (scroll down to March 2)
February 25 Voting with our forks: an (online) interview with Marion Nestle. Kaiser Permanente Food for Health
February 23 Interview (online) with Julia Belluz, Marion Nestle on what really influences eating, Voz
February 14 Podcast interview: At the Table with Clark Wolf and Marcy Smothers
February 10 Video of Knight lecture at UC Berkeley: Food Politics in the Age of Health Care Reform
January 30 Video interview for Cornell’s Philosophy 2411 Ethics of Eating course, with professor Andrew Chignell (41 minutes)
January 13 Video Interview with Luis Quevedo NTN24 (in Spanish)
January 7 Interview: Marion Nestle y food politics. El Piscolabas
December 2 Radio interview with Evan Kleiman on menu labeling (scroll down)
December 1 Interview with Katy Kieffer, Heritage Radio, about menu labeling and other matters.
November 21 Interview with Yvette Cabrera of Heritage Radio about Berkeley’s soda tax win.
November 11 New York Times Food for Tomorrow conference, panel on healthy eating with Michael Moss, Kristy Del Coro, and Julie Mennella (video).
November 9 CSPAN2 BookTV interview about Food Politics
November 7 Interview with Sara Gandolfi of Sette, A volte serve una legge per controllare le calorie.
October 31 The Sweet Truth–A Dialogue with Corby Kummer. Video from the James Beard Foundation’s food conference.
October 28 Lecture on Eat, Drink, Vote at FoodSHIFT, St. John’s Medical Center, Jackson Hole
October 10 To the Point, KCRW radio:Big Soda pours in Big Money to Stop Tax on Sugary Drinks.
October 9 Entrevista con Carlos Puig, En15 TV, on Mexico’s soda tax (in Spanish).
September 30 Radio interview with Rashi Mangalick – KFAI Radio on food politics.
September 24 Diane Rehm show (radio) on soda industry announcements.
September 18 Interview on NBC New York’s Better Get Boquero (video) about retailers’ failures in food inspection.
August 19 KQED radio on the Petaluma slaughterhouse indictments, Forum with Michael Krasny
August 15 On Point radio with Tom Ashbrook, on fast casual/healthy restaurants
August 5 Online interview with Sharona Weiss on food advocacy.
July 24 Online interview with Dr. Henry Black on “Gluten-Free: Mania or Medical Necessity? MedScape
July 22 The James Beard Foundation has just released its Leadership Award video (my award was last fall).
June 10 Radio interview with Marketplace on the fight over white potatoes in WIC
May 31 Video: appearance with Melissa Harris Perry on MSNBC on Michelle Obama’s school lunch problems.
May 29 Video: appearance with Chris Hayes on MSNBC on school lunch problems.
April 28 Podcast with Charles Margulis of the Center for Environmental Health on GMO labels.
April 14 New Hampshire Public Radio interview on vitamin D
April 7 Heritage Radio interview with Katy Keiffer on FDA’s problems with GRAS status for food additives.
March 26 Radio interview with BBC on the fat tax
March 13 REAL Food Innovator Awards presentation video (scroll down)
March 13 Food Bites with Edible Charlotte (online print interview)
March 12 HeritageRadio on the food label
February 27 Radio interview with KCRW on the new food label.
February 26 TV interview ABC Eyewitness News on the new food label.
February 26 Radio interview with Brian Lehrer on the new food label.
February 26 CBS TV interview about bagged salads.
February 25 Prevention Magazine’s 11 Founding Foodies
February 20 CSPAN video of panel discussion about Nick Freudenberg’s book, Lethal but Legal.
February 17 Radio interview (and transcript) with Lynne Rossetto Kaspar’s Splendid Table on the farm bill.
February 13 Podcast and transcription of interview with REAL (Responsible Eating And Living)
February 12 Interview with Swiss Public Radio on functional foods
February 12 Radio interview with The TakeAway on school food.
February 12 Heritage Radio on the farm bill
January 20 On Heritage Radio talking to Katy Keiffer about dietary supplements.
2013: for media about Eat, Drink, Vote, click here.
December 20 WNYC interview with Leonard Lopate on Food Friday.
December 16 Canadian Broadcasting Corporation radio interview with Jill Eisen. Stuffed Part 2.
December 13 Video: The internationalization of the obesity epidemic (Cornell festschrift for Per Pinstrup-Anderson).
December 12 Interview with Brian Lehrer on Mayor Bloomberg’s public health legacy.
December 10 Interview (TV) with Dr. Oz on chicken from China.
December 9 Canadian Broadcasting Corporation radio interview with Jill Eisen, Stuffed Part 1.
December 7 CSPAN interview with Pedro Echevarria on genetically modified food labeling (45 minutes).
November 8 Radio interview with Brian Lehrer on FDA’s removal of GRAS status from trans fat.
November 1 Interview with Aaron Task on Yahoo (video): the food stamp cuts
October 25 Huffington Post on James Beard Leadership Award.
October 24 NYU Steinhardt News on the James Beard award.
October 22 Remarks (video) at James Beard food conference (scroll down to #6)
September 26 Franklin & Marshall Common Hour lecture, video
September 24 Podcast with SeaChange on empathy.
July 18 Interview with Heritage Radio about the NYC Mayoral Candidate’s Forum
July 17 Livestream of NYC Mayoral Candidate’s Forum, which I moderated.
June 20 Interview for the Village Voice with Eve Turow on my history with food studies.
June 19 “Evolutionaries” interview with Heritage Radio.
June 17 Video interview with James Andrews of Food Safety News.
June 4 Podcast interview with REAL (Responsible Eating and Living) on the tenth anniversary edition of Food Politics.
May 12 Interview on Heritage Radio with Katy Keiffer on the tenth anniversary of Food Politics.
May 10 Interview on WRVO radio with Lorraine Rapp and Linda Lowen on food labels.
April 8 Interview with Robin Davis of The Columbus Dispatch about food politics.
March 28 Video interview with Lathe Poland for the documentary Carb-Loaded.
March 28 Interview with Nevada Public Radio on whether food stamps should only pay for “good” food.
February 26 Interview with KPCC on the horsemeat scandal.
February 8 Interview with Mauro Rosati of L’Unità on obesità infantile.
February 7 TV Interview with Aaron Task, Yahoo Finance, with Peter Pringle on A Place at the Table (hunger in America)
January 28 NPR interview with Dan Charles about Derek Yach and PepsiCo
January 26 Mrs. Green’s World with Kelly King
January 16 Interview with BeverageDaily.com on Coca-Cola’s “anti-obesity” ads.
January 14 Online interview with Lauroly on World Wise Beauty
January 14 Video interview with Meghan Telpner‘s Making Love in the Kitchen
January 10 Video interview on Star Talk, co-hosts Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Eugene Mirman, with Anthony Bourdain, about the science of cooking (sort of).
December 16 Interview with Katy Keiffer on Heritage Radio, with Cristin Couzens, on sugar.
November 25 Interview with Lynne Rossetto Kaspar at the Splendid Table on the farm bill
November 24 Interview with Rena Nagarajan in the Times of India: “Give them food, not nutrient-packed pills.”
November 17 Interview with Maggie Fox of NBC News on the demise of Twinkies.
November 13 Video interview with NewsHouse at Syracuse University (6.40 minutes).
October 12 Interview with Childhood Obesity (21012;8:421-422) on Kids Don’t Need Kids’ Foood.
September undated Podcast interview with Trevor Jackson of the British Medical Journal (BMJ) on corporate influences on obesity.
September 10 New York Times blog debate on whether organics are worth it.
September 7 Radio interview with Brian Lehrer on whether organics are worth it.
August 9 Radio interview with Patt Morrison, KPCC, on Diet Coke’s 30th birthday.
August 6 Interview with Alexandra Zissu on Abesmarket.com about the meaning of “natural.”
June 22 Review in the Daily Meal of my speech on the farm bill.
June 20 CBS TV interview on pizza companies objections to menu labeling
June 20 BBC TV interview on the people who made us fat (I’m in there someplace)
June 20 Interview on Huffington Post with Danielle Nierenberg based on an interview in a book produced by Barilla. There may be some audio with this too.
July 18 Presentation on SNAP at capitol hill briefing (video)
June 14 Video interview with Aaron Task on Yahoo about who profits from food stamps.
June 6 NPR All Things Considered on Disney’s announcement on kids’ marketing.
June 4 Brownfield Ag News interview with Tom Steever on FDA’s decision not to allow HFCS to be called corn sugar
June 1 Heritage radio clips on obesity.
May 23 Radio interview with Leonard Lopate WNYC, with Peter Kaminsky
May 21 Print interview with Revital Federbush for an Israeli women’s magazine, mostly about dairy foods I’m told (it’s in Hebrew, which I cannot read, alas).
May 8 Interview with Eliot Spitzer on Viewpoint
April 15 Interview with Katy Kieffer on Heritage Radio’s Straight–No Chaser.
April 14 Interview with SunnySideUp radio, Lexington, KY.
April 13 Interview with CBS News online: 10 myths about calories, busted.
April 11 Interview with Dr. Joe Schwarcz in Montreal (podcast)
April 5 Interview Q and A for the NYU/Steinhardt website.
March 21 Radio interview with KPCC ‘s Patt Morrison on Sugar v. Corn Refiners
March 9 Audio interview with Ben Greenfield on food politics.
February 21 Interview with Cornell Chronicle about calorie talk.
January 16: Interview with Louisa Kasden, Boston Phoenix Stuff Magazine, on my upcoming talk on the farm bill at the Boston Museum of Science.
January 5: NPR interview with Joy Wang on cleaning out your kitchen.
January 2012: Interview with Juliann Schaffer in Today’s Dietitian.
November 11 Splendid Table with Lynn Rossetto Kaspar, radio interview on the farm bill (starts at minute 7:05)
October 28 Panel discussion at Grand Central Station on the occasion of Consumer Reports’ 75th birthday (with Urvashi Rangan, Willie Neuman, and Bill Marler).
October 15 Radio interview with KCRW’s Even Kleiman on corn sugar.
October 2 Radio interview with Patrick Martins and Katy Kieffer on food politics, Heritage Radio, the Main Course
September 22 Interview in the Lethbridge Herald (Alberta, Canada) on lecture at the University of Lethbridge
September 19 Interview with NourishLife about food politics
September 13 My politics of food lecture to UC Berkeley’s Edible Education 101 course is available in video online.
September 1 KCRW Warren Olney on “blah chicken, bland tomatoes (Barry Estabrook), and the food revolution (me).
Fall Interview with Sarah Eva Kamenetz, dining editor, Washington Square News, the Food Issue. My interview is on page 25.
August 28 Radio interview with Radio Health Journal on health claims.
August 20 Reviews of Food Politics and What to Eat at Weekend Eating Reading with Eat with Joy
August 5 Interview with David Freeman of CBS News on a study of the high cost of produce.
August 2 Interview with Consumer Reports about McDonald’s Happy Meals makeover
August Qualigeo-EU, first issue. My interview about food safety begins on page 70.
July 19 Radio interview with Ed Dodge’s Joy’s of Healthy Living on food politics
July 19 Video interview with Independent Sources on marketing to kids.
July 6 CNN Eatocracy video on eating on the subway
June 20 Interview with Jennifer Abbasi of EverydayHealth: “Delicious propaganda: 12 fascinating food posters.”
June 11 Interview with Evan Kleiman, Good Food radio, on food guides and the new food plate (scroll down to find it).
June 8 Radio interview with Steve Boss on KRUU Great Taste on MyPlate, the German E. coli outbreak, and other issues.
June 3 Video interview with the irreverent Mo Rocca of CBS about the USDA’s new food plate.
June 2 Interview with Scientific American about the new USDA food icon
May 31 How healthy is vegetarianism? The Big Think.
May 31 Vegetarianism vs. carnivorous diets. The Big Think.
April 7 Interview with Modeled Behavior about food dyes
April 6 Radio interview with Caryn Hartglass on It’s All About Food
March 28 Time Magazine’s “140 Best Twitter Feeds” includes @marionnestle
March 28 Interview with Michael Moss on school food in Philadelphia. I’m in the video.
March NYU Alumni Magazine about the Fales food studies book collection
March 9 ABC Nightline on Heart Attack Grill
March 2 Melanie Warner BNet on my post about HFCS
March Michael Moss’s Food Fight video
February 8 The editor of Scientific American, Mariette DiChristina, interviews me for a Google Science Fair project that I’m judging next summer.
February 1 Unexpected appearance on Colbert, about Walmart’s food initiatives (via ABC News clip)
January 20 NPR interview with Robert Siegel on All Things Considered about the Walmart announcement
January 20 ABC News interview about the Walmart announcement
- November 19 Interview with Al Jazeera for a Fault Line program on “Fast food, fat profits: obesity in America (my 10 seconds starts at about minute 15).
- November 2 Interview with Dov Hirsh, Crop to Cuisine
- November 5 Interview with Burlington Free Press (note photo!)
- October 24 Heritage Radio with Patrick Martins, Katy Keiffer, and Joan Gussow
- October 5 Nobel Conference lecture at Gustavus Adolphus College, on food politics
- September 4 Interview with Helge Hellberg on An Organic Conversation.
- August 1 Interview with Guy Raz on NPR All Things Considered, on raw milk.
- August 13 Interview with Brian Lehrer on NPR about listeners’ meals
- July 15 Interview with Maria Rodale on Huffington Post
- July 9, 13 Annie Corrigan of Earth Eats did two interviews, part 1 on July 9 and part 2 on July 13.
- Summer 2010: Q and A with Donna Stokes, World Ark (Heifer International):10.
- July 3 Interview about food politics on the Kathleen Show.
- June 27 Heritage Radio interview with Patrick Martins and Katy Kiefer.
- June 15 China Radio International.
- May 7 Fox and Friends interview about chocolate infant formula.
- April 3 Good Food interview with Evan Kleiman about agave.
- April 1: Interview with Katherine Hobson of U.S. News about the latest research on dietary fats.
- March 10 The Kathleen Show on food politics.
- March 6 Good Food interview with Evan Kleiman about soda taxes.
March 3 CNN interview with Maggie Lake about organics
- February 22: Interview with Lori Bongiorno on Yahoo!Green about the safety of bagged salads.
- February 13 Food writers’ conference panel on academic food writing.
- February 26, 2010 Podcast of talk to the Girls Night Out series at the New York Academy of Sciences
- February 19: Interview about appearance at the Louisiana State University School of Public Health.
- January 20 Interview with NPR’s Takeaway on Mayor Bloomberg’s salt initiative.
- January 22 Interview with The Big Think.
- April 13 Interview with Obama Foodorama about what the Obamas should feed their new puppy
- March 15 Chat with participants on Firedoglake Book Salon, hosted by Christy Hardin Smith
- March 12 Interview with Beth Bader on Green Options: Eat Drink Better, “Food safety: ask the expert”
- January 22 Interview with Lori Bongiorno on Yahoo! Green: “Eat safe food: follow these tips
- January 19, 2009 Interview about food politics on Crop to Cuisine, Dov Hirsch, KVNU radio, Boulder CO
- May 24, 2009 Interview with Sound Medicine about high fructose corn syrup
- April 13, 2009 Interview with HearSay’s Cathy Lewis about food safety (with FDA’s David Acheson), WHRV-FM/WHRO Norfolk VA.
- August 6 ’09 CBS interview on Smart Choices program
- June ’09 Visit to the Brooklyn Food Coop with Joel Tomar Levin (scroll down to see video).
- June ’09 (possibly) Office interview with Consumer (something unreadable) about current issues. This is a copressed mp4 file.
- May 1, ’09 Video of lecture at Gel conference.<!–[endif]–>
- November 23 Interview with Jane Brody, New York Times, about home cooking
- November 4Interview with Time magazine about the implications of the pet food recall for melamine in China
- October 17Interview with Adam Voiland of US News and World Report about 10 things the food industry doesn’t want you to know
- September 26Interview with Mother Jones, September/October 2008 issue
- September 16 Speech at Columbia University conference on Global Food Systems: Their Impact on Nutrition and Health for All on panel on Advanced Technologies, Food Safety and the Role of Local and Organic Food Production (video)
- August 26interview with Jonathan, who blogs at WastedFood.com.
- July 7, Interview with Jennifer Salerno about “green” food choices in the online version of Food and Wine.
- June 30 Interview with Claudette Vaughan on Abolitionist-Online about Food Politics.
- March 20 Interview with Amy Ramos in Miller-McCune magazine.
- March 12 Interview with Adriana Velez on www.foodbuzz.com.
- January 20, 2008 Interview with Lori Dorfman in the January issue of Health Promotion Practice.
- February 12 Kansas City: Kansas City Healthy Kids conference (keynote slide presentation)
- Women’s and Gender Studies Programs (lecture) See Toledo Blade account
- March 5 Santa Barbara, Q and A with Morgan Spurlock, Orfalea Fund Conference on school food
- Memorial lecture. See interview in Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
- April 4 Wesleyan, CT, Shasha seminar for human concerns (keynote–and here are the Wesleyan slides)
- June 3 Copenhagen, Nordic Nutrition Conference (plenary). Here’s the pdf of my slides. And the lecture is posted on Morten Strunge Meyers’ blog site as well as on YouTube.
- June 5 NYU, Fales library panel on bottled water. See report from panelist Maureen Clancy. These sessions usually are videorecorded.
- August 26 Commonwealth Club, San Francisco, 595 Market, 2nd Floor, book interview with Davia Nelson, Kitchen Sisters (5:30 p.m.)
- August 30 Slow Food Nation, San Francisco, panel on Building a New Food System: Policy and Planning (scroll down to get to video for this panel)
- November 14 New York, Food Theater Project with Anna Lappe. This follows a performance of Milk n’ Honey at the Lightbox, 80 Greenwich at Rector. And here’s a photo from the event.
- November 12 Panel discussion on the farm bill, Wagner School of Public Service, Puck Building (Lafayette at Houston), 2nd floor. Here is Wild Green Yonder’s take on it.
- March 7, 2008 Homeland Security Daily Wire, Interview about food safety
- February 6, 2008 Biologique Foods radio, two podcast interviews with TJ Harrington in Bloomington, MN, one on food politics and the other on what’s in your food.
- September 24, 2008Interview with Public Radio International on food safety (melamine and Chinese infant formula)
- September 22, 2008 Interview on WBUR Here and Now, Boston, on food safety
July 1, 2008 Interview with All Things Considered on NPR about New York City’s trans-fat ban.
- January 16, 2008 Radio interview: Dynamic Health” host Allart, Vancouver, B.C.’s Co-op Radio, CFRO 102.7 FM.
- CNN broadcast of “Fed Up: America’s Killer Diet“. The transcript is also online 11/29/08
- Interview with Laura Flinders (and Arun Gupta and Peter Hoffman), Grit TV. It’s on how to eat well without going broke, and starts with a Monty Python clip on Spam 11/26/08
- Interview with Meet the Bloggers about food politics (done via computer camera) 11/21/08
- Video interview with CBS about the effects of the economic downturn on food choices 11/20/08
- CBS News interview about high fructose corn syrup 10/2/08
- Video interview (snippets) with CBS5, KPIX on melamine in Chinese infant formula 9/29/08
- CBS Evening News interview on genetically modified food labeling, Figuring Out What’s In Your Food 5/11/08
- Interview with my avatar on food issues with Jimbo Hoyer on Second Life 10/11/07
- Interview with Marion Nestle by Shahar Smooha (in Hebrew). Also in English translation. Haaretz 9/23/07
- Web MD interview about organic choices 8/10/07
- Food Industry magazine (Netherlands): Interview with Lucien Joppen (in English) 8/07
- Claims Are Like Pandora’s Box Elsevier Voedingsmiddelen Industrie (http://www.evmi.nl/) 8/07
- Why Are We Fat? The Courier Journal 4/11/07
- Marion Nestle: The Nutrition Guru Culinate 3/27/07
- Nutrition Expert to Speak Tonight at Ithaca College The Ithaca Journal 3/27/07
- The Basics; For Cats and Dogs, Life Is a Bowl Of The New York Times 3/25/07
- Wellness Warriors Take Action Nation’s Restaurant News 1/29/07
- Food Critic meatingplace magazine 1/07
- December 12, 2007radio interview HealthTalk Live: How safe is our food? (click on December 12 entry)
- September 15, 2007 Dishing Up Nutrition radio interview on food politics (interviewer is Darlene Kvist).
- September 6, 2007 Canadian Broadcasting Corp:CBC Calling. Interview with Chef Michael Smith.
- September 5, 2007 Scientific American Podcast with Steve Mirsky. Because I am a Paulette Goddard professor at NYU, he sends along an article he wrote about Einstein’s experience with the gorgeous movie star.
- NPR Science Friday, panel on the farm bill with Michael Pollan and Sandor Ellix Katz 8/10/07
- Global Public Radio,Wake Up America interview with Tina Volpe 8/13/07
- Splendid Table radio interview 6/9/07
- Is Feeding a Family on Food Stamps Feasible? Weekend Edition, National Public Radio 5/19/07
- Charlie Rose science series: obesity and nutrition (with Paul Nurse, David Ludwig, Rudy Leibel, and Gina Kolata) 6/25/07
- Google staff lecture, Mountain View, CA. (see hour-long Video or 8-minute edit on YouTube) 5/8/07
- What to Eat: Personal Responsibility versus Social Responsibility University of Kentucky 3/13/07
- How to Buy Green Produce TreeHuggerTV.com 1/17/07
- Dålig Kost en Politisk Fråga (Swedish) Svenska Dagbladet 11/25/06
- Sorting Through the Confusion in a Bag of Spinach Newsday.com 10/4/06
- Supermarket sleuth. Interview with Katharine Mieszkowski of Salon.com, 6-12-06
- Conversation with Marion Nestle DefendingScience.org 5/12/06
- Interview with Marion Nestle PotreroHillParents.org 5/12/06
- The Skinny on Organic Food AARP Bulletin 5/06
- The Politics of Obesity: Interview with Dr Nestle Cambridge Medicine 2006
- Fighting the Battle of the Bulge Rotman Magazine Winter 2006
- E. Coli Outbreak Was Wake-Up Call for Food Safety Talk of the Nation, National Public Radio 10/23/06
- When To Go Organic The Intelligent Body 9/25/06
- Nutritionist Tackles Serious Business of ‘What to Eat’ All Things Considered 6/9/06
- Food Democracy and Healthy Choices: An Interview with Marion Nestle Bioneers 2006
- How to Find Green Fish TreeHuggerTV.com 9/26/06
- Interview with Charlie Rose about What to Eat 7/13/06
- How to Buy Green Milk TreeHuggerTV.com 7/10/06
- Marion Nestle Discusses What to Eat AOL: Diet & Fitness Coach 2006
- Town Hall Meeting Webcast Berkeley 4/13/06
2001 to 2005
- Manger: Simplicité et Modération d’Abord! Réseau Proteus 6/05
- James Beard: A 20th Century Revolution in American Foods The Food Section 5/10/05
- Under Fire The Leonard Lopate Show, National Public Radio 1/18/05
- The Politics of Obesity Prevention: Personal Responsibility versus Public Health The University of Minnesota School of Public Health 9/18/04
- The Politics of Food and Nutrition UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine 2/8/04
- Featured in the award winning documentary Super Size Me: Think about how food is marketed, , How much influence does the food industry have on government?
- Food Politics Q&A with Marion Nestle University of California School of Public Health Spring 2004
- Frontline: Diet Wars PBS 4/8/04
- Fast Food Nation The Leonard Lopate Show, National Public Radio 5/4/04
- Marion Nestle on Obesity: “Industry Talks but Doesn’t Walk” Food Engineering & Ingredients 4/04
- Panel discussion with Michael Pollan, Joan Gussow, and Kelly Brownell at UC Berkeley (video), 11/19/03
- Snapple Beware: She’s the Gadfly in the Food Industry’s Soup The New York Observer 9/29/03
- Nutrigenomics Talk of the Nation, National Public Radio 12/26/03
- Mad Cow Disease Talk of the Nation, National Public Radio 12/26/03
- USDA to Revamp Food Pyramid All Things Considered, National Public Radio 9/11/03
- Sugar Industry Takes on the World Health Organization Talk of the Nation, National Public Radio 4/24/03
- Check Your Labels The Leonard Lopate Show, National Public Radio 4/22/03
- Food Politics Raises Provocative Questions Food Chemical News 5/20/02
- An ‘Eat More’ Message for a Fattened America The New York Times 2/19/02
- Chewing Out the Food Industry Fortune Magazine 2/18/02
- Complicating the Simple Message of ‘Eat Less’ Nutrition Week 2/18/02
- The Politics Behind an Overweight America: Talking with Dr. Marion Nestle GlobalRPh.com 8/21/01
Brief clip from interview with David Rosengarten and Donna Hanover on the TV Food Network
The Amazon.com Debate:
- Sheldon Rampton’s review – Amazon.com 2/27/02
- Three anonymous reviews posted 2/22/02
- Steven Milloy review: “New Nutrition Book Choking on Bad Science” – Fox News.com 2/22/02
The Threatened Lawsuit from the Sugar Association of America:
- Letter from the Sugar Association Attorney – Sugar Association 3/27/02
- Response to the Sugar Association – Marion Nestle 4/5/02
The Consumer-Choice Debate
- Lions And Bulls And Bears, Oh My – ConsumerFreedom.com 3/15/07
- Are you responsible for your own weight? Balko R. Pro: Absolutely. Government has no business interfering with what you eat. Brownell K, Nestle M. Con: Not if Blaming the Victim Is Just an Excuse to Let Industry off the Hook. Time June 7, 2004:113.
- Behind the “Obesity Epidemic” (Part Two of Two) – ConsumerFreedom.com 4/18/02
- The Big Food Tax – National Review 4/3/02