This Zoom session is from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST: Combining Scholarship and Activism: An Intergenerational Exchange. Information about the session and registration is HERE. Bob Gottlieb and I will address how to combine food policy scholarship and activism in discussion with two much younger colleagues, Ivonne Quiroz and Lo Anderson.
by Marion Nestle
Jun 9 2015
The Lancet series on obesity policy (in case you missed it)
Some time ago, I posted the terrific Lancet infographic on obesity policy.
Here are the series articles (or at least the abstracts) that go with it.
- Mobilisation of public support for policy actions to prevent obesity Terry T-K Huang, John H Cawley, Marice Ashe, Sergio A Costa, Leah M Frerichs, Lindsey Zwicker, Juan A Rivera, David Levy, Ross A Hammond, Estelle V Lambert, Shiriki K Kumanyika
- Rethinking and reframing obesity. Sabine Kleinert, Richard Horton.
- What shape might we be in? Klim McPherson
- Smart food policies for obesity prevention. Corinna Hawkes, Trenton G Smith, Jo Jewell, Jane Wardle, Ross A Hammond, Sharon Friel, Anne Marie Thow, Juliana Kain The Lancet (the Infographic comes from this one)
- Christina Roberto: taking a broad view on combating obesity. Richard Lane
- Strengthening of accountability systems to create healthy food environments and reduce global obesity. Boyd Swinburn, Vivica Kraak, Harry Rutter, Stefanie Vandevijvere, Tim Lobstein, Gary Sacks, Fabio Gomes, Tim Marsh, Roger Magnusson
- Strategic science with policy impact.Kelly D Brownell, Christina A Roberto.
- Child and adolescent obesity: part of a bigger picture Tim Lobstein, Rachel Jackson-Leach, Marjory L Moodie, Kevin D Hall, Steven L Gortmaker, Boyd A Swinburn, W Philip T James, Youfa Wang, Klim McPherson
- Patchy progress on obesity prevention: emerging examples, entrenched barriers, and new thinking. Christina A Roberto, Boyd Swinburn, Corinna Hawkes, Terry T-K Huang, Sergio A Costa, Marice Ashe, Lindsey Zwicker, John H Cawley, Kelly D Brownell
- Management of obesity: improvement of health-care training and systems for prevention and care. William H Dietz, Louise A Baur, Kevin Hall, Rebecca M Puhl, Elsie M Taveras, Ricardo Uauy, Peter Kopelman.