This lecture, presented by Town Hall Seattle and sponsored by PCC Community Markets, is titled “Ask Marion: The Politics of Food and Nutrition.” It’s at 7:30 pm Seattle time and 10:30 pm New York time. Get tickets here.
by Marion Nestle
Oct 27 2016
Resources for food advocates
Some new resources for food system advocates have just come my way. Use and enjoy!
- Food Tank and the James Beard Foundation have issued their third annual Good Food Guide, a searchable guide to 1,000 food nonprofit advocacy organizations. You can download the guide here.
- Healthy Food America offers a Sugar Overload Calculator. This is a mini-game that kids (or adults) can play to guess the sugars in commonly consumed foods. Most will surprise. Some will be a big surprise.
- Healthy Food America also has Maps of the Movement, illustrating where soda tax initiatives are underway in the United States. Can’t wait to see how they do on November 8.
- The World Cancer Research Fund International’s NOURISHING framework is a terrific introduction to policy approaches to promoting healthy diets and reducing obesity.
- The Fund also has a useful graphic about the importance of policy approaches to obesity. I ran across it on Twitter: