Some new resources for food system advocates have just come my way. Use and enjoy!
- Food Tank and the James Beard Foundation have issued their third annual Good Food Guide, a searchable guide to 1,000 food nonprofit advocacy organizations. You can download the guide here.
- Healthy Food America offers a Sugar Overload Calculator. This is a mini-game that kids (or adults) can play to guess the sugars in commonly consumed foods. Most will surprise. Some will be a big surprise.
- Healthy Food America also has Maps of the Movement, illustrating where soda tax initiatives are underway in the United States. Can’t wait to see how they do on November 8.
- The World Cancer Research Fund International’s NOURISHING framework is a terrific introduction to policy approaches to promoting healthy diets and reducing obesity.
- The Fund also has a useful graphic about the importance of policy approaches to obesity. I ran across it on Twitter: