Mexico’s terrific new dietary guidelines. Yes!
Mexico has issued new dietary guidelines.
- Breastfeed babies for the first 6 months and then continue until age 2 along with other nutritious foods.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits.
- Eat beans.
- Choose whole grains.
- Eat less beef and processed meats.
- Avoid ultra-processed foods.
- Drink water.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Be physically active.
- Enjoy meals with family and friends.
I’m looking forward to reading a case study on how the public health institute got these through the political process.
If people follow these guidelines, these industries will be in trouble:
- Infant formula
- Processed meats
- Ultra-processed foods
- Sugar-sweetened beverages
People will be healthier! These industries will also be in trouble.
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Private medicine
- Insurance companies? (you might think they would benefit, but they make so much money on illness—this one is complicated)
I hope the new U.S. Dietary Guidelines will find these inspiring.